One of the most fascinating things about Dubai is the juxtaposition of old and new. Dubai City, with the Ruler’s Palace, the ultra-modern Burj Kalifa , and upscale shopping centers is on one side of the Dubai Creek and Deira, with the gold souk, more modest shopping areas, affordable housing and shopping is is on the other. In between, is The Creek, actually an estuary, plied by abras (water taxis big and little), floating restaurants, fabulous motor and sailing yachts and the dhows. The dhows are wooden vessels of ancient design and travel the Middle Eastern and African coasts. Their cargo is incredibly varied and …..interesting. This image is of the Deira side of Dubai Creek.
- Monday’s Magical Moment: Dubai, Uae (emmmyjaysexcellentadventures.com)
- An Overwhelming Visit to Dubai Creek (touradvisers.wordpress.com)
- Some info regarding travelling to Dubai (dubaireise.wordpress.com)
- Dhow Cruise Dinner (trip2desertsafari1blog.wordpress.com)
- What Makes Dubai Special? (poshdeals.wordpress.com)